Sharkskin Front-Zip Hooded Vest
More than 25% of body heat is lost through the head and extremities of the body. The Sharkskin Front-Zip Hooded Vest is designed to be worn underneath your wetsuit to provide the best warmth and insulation for colder dives.
The hood protects against chafing from mask straps, keeps your head and ears toasty warm and is flexible enough to slide down around your neck during and in-between dives while remaining comfortable. The Chillproof material allows for better hearing and less chance of ear squeeze than traditional neoprene hoods. The full zip ensures the garment is easy to don and doff before and after use.
Chillproof is an aquatic specific windchill proof, 3-layer composite material with the thermal properties of a 2.5 to 3mm neoprene wetsuit but without many of the drawbacks of traditional wetsuits. The Hooded Vest can be worn under a wetsuit for extra warmth and enhanced wind protection. It can also be worn by itself as the perfect watersports thermal wear or layered with other Sharkskin garments for extra warmth and insulation.
It is ideal for scuba diving and snorkelling, jet skiing, paddle watersports, board watersports, wind watersports, sailing and many other watersports.
- Nylon/Spandex outer layer for superior durability and abrasion resistance.
- 100% windproof and 10K+ breathable membrane to stop windchill to keep you warm yet regulate body temperature to avoid overheating.
- Hollow fibre ‘next to skin’ fleece for warmth, comfort and superior moisture-wicking properties.
- Durable water repellent (DWR) finish providing a protective shell that ‘sheds’ water.
- 4-way stretch ensures garments are non-restrictive allowing a full range of movement and are easy to get on and off.
- Non-chaffing, itch and odour resistant properties mean that garments can be worn for long periods of time.
- Durable seam thread to resist deterioration in saltwater so the garment will last longer.
- Neutrally buoyant so there is no need to add extra weight when diving.
- SPF50+ for sun protection to avoid skin damage and melanoma.