Scubapro Everflex Hood 5/3mm
Keep yourself warm with this Scubapro Everflex Hood in 5/3mm. Everflex hoods help protect the body from heat loss and raise the comfort quotient by keeping the head and ears warm while at depth. Constructed with a high-stretch 100% Everflex Nylon outside for maximum stretch and comfort, this updated hood features a new design and pattern, and a new interior plush lining for comfort. A face seal increases head protection and warmth for temperate to cold-water dives.
Features of the 5/3mm Scubapro Everflex Hood
- Design and pattern improves fit and comfort for warm-water dives.
- Face seal cuts down on heat loss from water transfer.
- Interior plush makes donning and doffing super easy and provides excellent comfort.
- 100% high-stretch Everflex Nylon outside.
- Made with 5/4mm X-Foam neoprene, a very specific limestone-based neoprene complying with strict PAH and REACH regulations.
- Assembled using a solvent-free glue, a 100% green process.
Specifications of Scubapro 5/3mm dive hood
Why use a dive hood?
We lose a significant amount of heat through our head, combined with us losing more heat in water anyway cold water diving without a hood is not comfortable! The other reason we try to keep our head warm when underwater is to minimise the cooling of blood returning to the body core and expending extra energy to rewarm it.
The main choice for selecting a hood is the thickness of neoprene, usually 3mm, 5mm or 7mm most divers tend to prefer a 5mm hood as a general all year round hood. Additions like a bib to increase the seal around the neck can be effective as well as a good seal on the face and also plush lining to reduce water absorption.
Most diving hoods now have a vent system to prevent the hood filling with air during a dive. The most important factor with a hood is to ensure it fits comfortably, snug but not tight!
For anyone with long hair, check out this useful video for tips with wearing a dive hood!
Check out a list of other dive hoods we have!