Mares i3 Sunrise Mask
The Mares i3 Sunrise mask offers an exceptional field of vision. The wide front glass is complemented by two side glasses that add an excellent peripheral view. The 2-button ergonomic buckles allow easy and secure adjustment of the strap even when diving with thick gloves.
The face piece is made with Tri-comfort technology. The small horizontal ribs between the frame and the face piece in the area around the nose absorb and redistribute the pressure exerted by the frame on the face piece, increasing comfort.
This version is made for Asian face shapes.
The main features of the i3 diving mask are:
– Face piece with Tri-comfort technology
– X-shaped head piece
– Quick adjustable buckles.
How to choose a good diving mask?
Aside from enabling our eyes to focus underwater, the dive mask also encloses our noses and allows us to equalise our ears as we go deeper into the sea, allowing more time underwater to go deeper and see more marine life. Having a durable, quality and good fitting mask is a definitely a must for every diver.
DO’s in choosing a dive mask
- Do purchase your mask at a reputable dive store. Aside from the variety of masks we have in Scuba Warehouse, our scuba specialists are the most appropriate and capable people to help you choose the best mask for you.
- Do decide as to what mask style you want for yourself. Masks come in different colours, designs and shapes. There are oval shaped masks that were very popular with divers years back. There are also modern masks, which include mask with side panels and those that offer wide views.
- Do check the material that the dive mask is made of. Generally, masks nowadays have silicone rubber skirts that are either semitransparent or black. The black skirted masks are usually used by underwater photographers because of its ability to reduce glare.
- Do look for features that are fit and suited for SCUBA diving. For safety purposes, the mask glass should be made of tempered glass. For equalising, it should have nose pockets which will allow you to pinch your nose to clear your ears. Do also make sure that the nose pocket is not too tight or too large. The mask should also be equipped with straps that can be adjusted and locked.
- If you are wearing eyeglasses, contact lens or have an imperfect vision then do check these dive masks with prescription lenses. This way you’ll be ensured to get the most of your diving adventure.
DON’Ts in Choosing a Dive Mask
- Don’t choose a mask with a plastic skirt as it sometimes can cause rashes and allergies! The mask will more likely to leak as well.
- Don’t choose a mask made of plastic and standard glass. Both material are known to leak, crack, break and are dangerous or hazardous if accidentally broken.
- Don’t ever buy a cheap or low quality mask! They may exactly all look the same but diving with comfortable and good quality dive masks ensures a much better diving experience!
The bottom line is to simply choose the perfectly fitting mask that will never leak during your dive. And always remember that even if you have the rest of your SCUBA diving gear in good condition, you won’t be able to enjoy your underwater adventure without a diving mask. After all, the underwater scenery is exactly the reason why you are diving.