Cressi MG Balanced Octopus
This Cressi Mg Balanced Octopus is specially designed for the most demanding divers. Its main feature is a pneumatically balanced valve that minimises the breathing effort. The venturi effect adjuster on the mouthpiece tube increases and decreases the air flow, doing away with the risks associated with free-flow. When scuba diving, breathing is natural and effortless. Thanks to its light weight and ergonomic design, this regulator is very handy and easy to use. Weight without the hose is 182 g
• Pneumatically balanced
• Venturi effect adjustment
• Patented elliptical membrane
• Patented low-friction lever
• Air delivery system without injector
• Internal heat exchange
• Cam-lock system to open the case
• Body in noise-absorbent technopolymer
• Removable technopolymer deflector
• Removable mechanical parts
• Weight without whip: 182 grams
• Jacketed hose extremely light and flexible weight: 153 grams
• Certification annex b en 250:2014 for cold water
What is an Octopus in Scuba Diving?
You may have come across the term ‘octopus’ before; from your instructor, at a dive equipment store. A scuba octopus is the common term to describe your secondary air source backup regulator.
The octopus just an extra second stage regulator, very similar to your primary second stage regulator (the one you put in your mouth during a dive!). However, the scuba octopus is usually yellow in colour, with a bright yellow hose too. This allows it to stand out underwater in an emergency situation.